Conservation meets sustainability at Aberlady Bay Local Nature reserve
Aberlady Bay Local Nature Reserve was the first site to be designated a Nature Reserve, in 1952. It comprises a complete set of habitats from low water right through to salt marsh and sand dune, unchanged by the influence of people. The area within the Reserve is extensive, and, in consequence, the paths across it take time to cover.
At Aberlady, persistent entry from dog walkers onto the Reserve prompted a new approach to requesting dog owners exercise their dogs elsewhere. New signage was installed at the main entrance to the Reserve and repeated at regular intervals as treads on the footbridge across the Peffer Burn, the signage was manufactured and supplied by Plaswood. In consequence, there has been a dramatic reduction of dog walkers entering the Reserve from this location.
Plaswood signage is manufactured from Recycled plastic, it will not rot, splinter or deteriorate with time.