Committed to protecting your personal data.
1. Important information and who we are
2. The data we collect about you
3. How your personal data is collected
4. How we use your personal data
5. International aspects
6. Data security
7. Data retention
8. Your legal rights
1.IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Our full details are:
Full name of legal entity: Plaswood
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Sapphire House,Crown Way, Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 6FB
Telephone number: +44 (0) 333 202 6800.
You have the right to make a complaint about our use of your personal data at any time to the relevant data protection supervisory authority. In the UK this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach any supervisory authority so please contact us in the first instance.
This policy was last updated on 23nd August 2019. Historic versions can be obtained by contacting us.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements.
2. THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes contact postal address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
Generally we do not collect any Special Categories of personal data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
3. HOW YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your identity and contact data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- enquire about products or request product information;
- subscribe to our e-newsletter or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition, promotion or survey; or
- give us some feedback.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google (based outside the EU);
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as companies registry/ registrars based inside the EU.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you or your business.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us click here.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of the ways we may use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us click here if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose / Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|In preparation of and/or to process and perform any contract between us/ your business including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
(c) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you/your business
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover payments due to us)
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(d) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you/your business
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products)
|To enable you to partake in a prize draw, competition or complete a survey||(a) Identity
(e) Marketing and Communications
|(a) Performance of a contract with you/ your business
(b) Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products, to develop them and grow our business)
|To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)||(a) Identity
|(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
|To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you||(a) Identity
(e) Marketing and Communications
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers/ users use our products, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To use data analytics to improve our website, products, marketing, customer relationships and experiences||(a) Technical
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers/ users for our products, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)|
|To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods that may be of interest to you/ your business||(a) Identity
|Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products and grow our business)|
We seek to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising. We have established the following personal data control mechanisms:
Promotional offers from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products and offers may be relevant for you or your business (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any company outside the Plaswood group of companies for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties that we control to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us click here at any time.
Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product, purchase or other transactions.
Change of purpose
We will use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us click here.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. INTERNATIONAL ASPECTS
Personal data that we collect is primarily processed in the United Kingdom, presently within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Where data is processed outside the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
Please contact us click here if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when holding or transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
6. DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
7. DATA RETENTION
How long will you use my personal data for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data can be obtained by contacting us click here.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see Request erasure below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely.
8. YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data
- Request transfer of your personal data
- Right to withdraw consent
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us click here.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
- Legitimate Interest means the interest of our business in conducting and managing our business to enable us to give you/your business the best product and the best and most secure experience. We make sure we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you or your business are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
- Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject.
Internal third parties
Other companies in the Plaswood group of companies acting as processors which provide IT and system administration services and undertake corporate reporting. Details of the other companies within the Plaswood group of companies can be found click here.
External third parties
- Service providers (acting as processors) based in the United Kingdom, Greece and the United States of America who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- Regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
Your legal rights
To the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain features to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.